WINNERS OF THE IN-STORE COMPETITION ARE -
EMMY VERTIC (Doncaster customer), LUCY WRITTER (Morley customer) and ROSSLYN BROWN (Adelaide customer). All three winners will be contacted.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS SEASON LAUNCH IN-STORE ONLY COMPETITION
Start date: Thu 22nd Mar at 9.00am
End date: Mon 16th Apr at 12noon
Draw: Tue 24th Apr at 11.00am
Contact winner (by phone & email) & publish winner on theaflstore.com.au: 12noon on Wed 25th Apr
Cut off time for initial winner to accept prize: 5pm Wed 25th Apr
Second draw if required: by 12noon Thu 26th Apr
Contact second winner: Thu 26th Apr
Publish second winner: Thu 26th Apr
Cut off time for second winner to accept prize: 5pm on Thu 26th Apr
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Participation in this Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.Entry is open only to legal residents of Australia who are over 18 years of age and who satisfy the entry mechanism in clause 5 of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is open only to legal residents of Australia who are over 18 years of age and who satisfy the entry mechanism in clause 5 of these Terms and Conditions. Directors, officers, management, employees and other staff (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management, employees and other staff) of the Promoter and of its related bodies corporate, and of the agencies and companies associated with this Competition, are ineligible to enter (“Eligible Entrants”).
- Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- Competition commences on Thu 22nd Mar at 9.00am and closes on Mon 16th Apr at 12noon (the “Competition Period”). All times in these Terms and Conditions are expressed in the local time in Melbourne, Australia.
- This competition is a game of chance. To enter this Competition, during the Competition Period, Eligible Entrants must complete and return to store staff a Competition entry form with all fields answered.
- By entering this competition Entrants agree to receive relevant email communications including special offers, discounts & exclusive competitions from The AFL Store.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to invalidate any entries (and entrants who submit or cause those entries to be submitted) which it reasonably suspects have been submitted: (a) using false, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information, including but not limited to personal details and contact information; (b) through the use of multiple identities, email addresses or accounts; and/or (c) in any way in contravention of these Terms and Conditions.
- Incomplete, illegible or incorrect entries, or those which contain offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, will be deemed invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Entrant.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time during, or after the closing date of the Competition, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an Eligible Entrant’s identity and place of residence) and to disqualify any Eligible Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The draw will be held Tue 24th Apr at 11.00am
- The draw will take place at AFL House, 140 Harbour Esplanade, Docklands, 3008. The prize winner will be contacted by phone and notified in writing by e-mail by 12noon on Wed 25th Apr. The winner’s name and State of residence will be published at www.theaflstore.com.au. By entering this Competition, each Eligible Entrant requests that his/her full address not be published.
- Each Eligible Entrant is limited to one entry. The draw will involve the random drawing of three (3) valid entries and the valid entries drawn will win the prize.
- Each valid entry will win a $500 AFL Stores voucher (3 given away in total). Vouchers are NOT redeemable for cash & cannot be extended past expiry date.
- The total value of the prize pool of the Competition is $1500.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. If the prize includes tickets, all tickets are valid for the date or period as indicated on the tickets. Tickets are subject to the conditions stipulated by the provider of the tickets.
- The Promoter and the AFL and their related bodies corporate will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Competition or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the AFL and their related bodies corporate will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of the prize. Prizes will be sent to the winners by post once the winners have confirmed their acceptance of the prize to the Promoter.
- Prizes and participation in the Competition are subject to any conditions imposed by the supplier or organiser of the prizes, as applicable, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities, if required.
- The Promoter may require a winner to provide identification as requested by the Promoter including (without limitation) proof of identity and proof of residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: a) To disqualify any Eligible Entrant; or b) Subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and the AFL (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or death; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion or accepting or using the prize.
- The winner must claim his/her acceptance of the prize via email to the Promoter 5pm Wed 25th Apr 2018. If any prize is not claimed, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter may conduct a further draw on at the same place as the original draw (“Second Draw”), subject to any written directions from any relevant authority. In the event the Second Draw takes place, the Promoter will attempt to contact the winner of the Second Draw via email and telephone on the day of the Second Draw and the name of any winner of the Second Draw will be published at www.theaflstore.com.au on Thu 26th Apr.
- A winner of the Second Draw must claim his/her acceptance of the prize via email to the Promoter by 5pm on Thu 26th Apr. If a prize from the Second Draw is not claimed by then, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid
- Should an Eligible Entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates and in the manner described in these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
- If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities, if required.
- All entries remain the property of the Promoter. The Promoter may collect Eligible Entrants’ personal information in order to conduct the Competition. If the information requested is not provided, the Eligible Entrant may not participate in the Competition. By entering the Competition, unless otherwise advised, each Eligible Entrant also agrees that the Promoter, the Promoter's employees, related companies and agents, including but not limited to the AFL, may use this information, in any media for future promotional purposes, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the Eligible Entrant, including sending the Eligible Entrant electronic messages and telephoning the Eligible Entrant.
- The Promoter is the Australian Football League (ACN 004 155 211) of 140 Harbour Esplanade, Docklands, Victoria 3008. A reference to the “AFL” means the Australian Football League (ACN 004 155 211).
- If due to any reason whatsoever the Promoter becomes aware after an Eligible Entrant has won a prize that the Eligible Entrant has not complied with these Terms and Conditions, that Eligible Entrant will have no entitlement to the prize, even if the Promoter has announced him/her as the winner and that Eligible Entrant will be required, at the direction of the Promoter, to return, refund or otherwise make restitution of the prize.
- The Promoter and AFL accept no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where the operation of this Competition results in, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, Eligible Entrants agree to follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- Each Eligible Entrant must ensure that any other person whose details have been provided by the Eligible Entrant to the Promoter and/or the AFL for the purposes of the Eligible Entrant’s participation in this Competition has given their implied or express consent for their details to be provided to the Promoter and any of its related companies and to be contacted by the Promoter and/or the AFL or any of their related companies in relation to this Competition.
- Unless the contrary intention appears, a reference in these Terms and Conditions or in any advertisement relating to this Competition, to Australian dollars, dollars, AUD$ or $ is a reference to the lawful currency of Australia. All references to dollar amounts are inclusive of goods and services tax (GST).
- Any costs associated with participating in the Competition and/or using the prize is the responsibility of the Eligible Entrant.
- The Competition is governed exclusively by the laws of Australia.